Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wilton Course - week 2











Well today was week 2 of my Wilton Basics Course. I've only really worked with fondant, so this was sooooo different!!!! Before the class I had to make up my icing and cover the cake - apart from a few dents I don't think it went too badly. One thing I am having trouble mastering is the fact that you'll never get that smooth as silk finish as you get with fondant. I'm afraid thats the perfectionist in me :(

I took along a double layer butter cake filled with Vanilla custard. We were able to do whatever design we wanted using the star and round nozzles and the techniques we had to master were the star, zigzag and writing. I followed the book and completed the rainbow cake. We also practised the base of the famous Wilton Rose.

Next week small cakes and the 2nd stage of the Wilton Rose and drop flowers....

No comments:

Post a Comment